In my last post Glue Journeys – Obvious Missed Take 2 I fixed a small but very relevant diagram mistake in my circulatory GLUE Cube.
I found this mistake while exploring the need for Enterprise Architecture Domains.Therefore here also the updated version of the diagram for the complete GLUE Framework:
- People fulfill one or many Roles in an Enterprise
- A Role has responsibilities with respect to a Delivery.
- A Delivery delivers a Deliverable (what a sentence).
- A Domain groups Deliveries.
- The Circulatory System contains all (relevant) Domains. (And here I need some time in the future to create the whole storyline without the errors. Maybe not in a blog but in a different format. I do not know how yet though.)
So to translate this into other words:
- The Domains are nothing else than the Empires (and yes, sometimes there are relevant conflicts between Domains, which I then try to fix by optimizing the information flow).
- The People are nothing else than the members of the tribes and typically grouped by the Roles and Responsibilities on the Deliverables.
So is it possible to run this in a truly different way? Or are the so called other ways in reality just a different representation of the very same concept? I need to explore this deeper to become a better Enterprise Architect. Comments as always more than welcome.