The 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Architecture Tools has been published, with Bizzdesign positioned as a Leader for the eight consecutive year.
We are also proud to be positioned highest for Completeness of Vision, which we see as an acknowledgement of our unwavering commitment to understanding the needs of our customers in an evolving enterprise architecture market, and bringing innovation to how we solve these challenges with our products and services.
About the Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner evaluated 15 enterprise architecture vendors and positioned them on two dimensions: Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
Completeness of Vision incorporates assessment of vendors’ market understanding, marketing strategy, sales strategy, product strategy, business model, vertical/industry strategy, innovation, and geographic strategy. Ability to Execute assesses vendors’ product/service offerings, overall viability, sales execution/pricing, market responsiveness/track record, marketing execution, customer experience, and operations.
To get recognized in the Magic Quadrant, vendors must meet specific inclusion criteria covering revenue, number of customers, geographic presence and must support a set of Critical Capabilities including: repository, modeling, analysis, presentation, usability, configuration and management, extensibility, publication, frameworks, integration, automation and innovation management. The Magic Quadrant is the most widely-used analyst report to evaluate vendors when buying enterprise architecture tooling.
Buying enterprise architecture tooling
With 15 vendors in the Magic Quadrant and 10 Leaders, it is critical for prospective buyers of enterprise architecture tools to understand the differences between the many options on offer.
Bizzdesign provides a Buyer’s Guide to help enterprise architecture practitioners with evaluating and purchasing an Enterprise Architecture tool.
In many cases, organizations look for enterprise architecture tooling to replace existing ad hoc document-based practices, or home-grown custom tools. In this scenario, the reasons for adopting fit-for-purpose enterprise architecture tooling include:
- Improved collaboration: getting everyone working together on a common platform that establishes consistency, coherence and workflow process automation for enterprise architecture practitioners and related stakeholders.
- Enhanced modeling: supporting componentized modeling and reuse, connecting the dots across previously-siloed data sets to enable standardized ways of working and dramatic productivity improvements.
- More powerful analytics: enabling visibility, transparency and traceability across the connected architecture models, and the ability to query and analyze them to produce deep insights to drive better business transformation decisions.
- Better stakeholder engagement: empowering stakeholders with the insights and deliverables they need, in the form they need, to engage and align all stakeholders in transformation decision making and execution.
- Enterprise scalability: providing a robust platform where diverse teams can get their work done, extending and enriching the connected architecture models across domains, departments, functions and geographies, scaling up to enterprise-wide collaboration across multiple
- disciplines with the appropriate governance, compliance and security to provide peace of mind irrespective of how large, complex and mature your organization is.
When setting out to evaluate and procure an enterprise architecture platform, it is essential to include vendors recognized by Gartner as per their evaluation criteria for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute. We feel, this provides a reassuring foundation where Gartner has done the hard work of a detailed analysis covering hundreds of evaluation questions and several product demonstrations.
The Bizzdesign difference
Including top-rated vendors in a procurement process is a minimum. It is vital also to understand what sets the top enterprise architecture vendors apart from the pack.
Bizzdesign supports many critical success factors for enterprise architecture practices, including:
- Integrated platform solution: Bizzdesign Horizzon supports all transformation stakeholders in a single platform with enterprise focus from business motivation and strategy, through value streams and business capabilities, to data, applications and technology
- Fast integration: Enterprise architecture is all about connecting the dots across silos. Bizzdesign Horizzon enables fast and simple integration with external data sources and targets, including productized ServiceNow integration app and productized integrations with all leading enterprise collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and Teams
- Transparent pricing: budgeting requires predictability of annual spend without hidden extras, and you should not be penalized for adding more assets to the platform
- Flexible deployment: SaaS, on-premise, hybrid. Bizzdesign can meet the needs of any organization, without compromise on security, compliance and governance.
- Guided modeling: Bizzdesign Horizzon provides model validity to ensure quality and consistency of artifacts, and a trusted single source of truth for analysis
- Future state design: you can only succeed in transformation if you know where you are heading. Bizzdesign Horizzon provides the ability to collaboratively design target and transition states covering business models, operating models, and the detailed process, product, data and technology architectures that support them
- Open standards: Bizzdesign natively supports open standards, including ArchiMate, BPMN, C4, ERD, UML, to provide maximum interoperability and accessibility to the largest community of architecture practitioners
- Intuitive data management workflows: transformation insights are only as good as the information on which they are based. Bizzdesign Horizzon ensures data quality through workflow process automation that ensures non-technical users can maintain information on a regular basis
- Collaboration for all teams: why should Business Analysts and Process Architects work separately from Enterprise and Solution Architects and Portfolio Managers? They shouldn’t. All teams should have the context of how their work contributes to enterprise goals, and the visibility of impacts and dependencies across silos
User-friendly experience: providing the right information to the right stakeholders in the right form through an engaging experience that enables them to contribute to transformation
Extensibility: although you may start small and simple, as the variety of stakeholders and use cases grows it is critical that your enterprise architecture tooling can adapt and extend to all demands. Bizzdesign Horizzon provides the flexibility and power to extend and automate all kinds of tasks with advanced scripting capabilities.
Perhaps the most important factor though is who you choose as your partner on the journey. Will they be there for the long haul? Will they have your back when challenges arise? Do they have the expertise and experience to challenge you and keep you on the right path to success? Have they done the hard yards of developing open standards and industry best practices?
At Bizzdesign, we pride ourselves on our culture of open collaboration and eagerness to learn and improve in partnership with our customers. We are focused on enterprise architecture and all its related disciplines, and we know our stuff. We care about your success, and we commit to guiding and supporting you to successful business outcomes. Apart from our market-leading enterprise architecture platform, customers choose Bizzdesign for our people and culture, based on trust and our track record of customer success.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools, Akshay Jhawar, Gilbert van der Heiden, Andrew Gianni, Andreas Frangou, 12 December 2022. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademarks and service mark, and MAGIC QUADRANT is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from [insert client name or reprint URL].