The Enterprise Architecture Way is a simple four steps and two rules based on harnessing the knowledge and experience of you and the rest of the people in the system.
The 4 steps
- Observe the environment that you expect to take part in.
- Orient your selves to the level of detail you judge necessary to make decisions.
- Decide which of the scenarios to engage in and how to do it.
- Act as fast and forceful as you can upon the scenarios you have chosen to act on.
The 2 rules
- Improvise, adapt and overcome.
- Keep your Resourcebox half empty, such that you may tailor your resources to fit any situation at all times.
Resourcebox = a selection of space where you store access to people, organizations, methods, rules, finance, software, hardware…)
This is the last of the sections I intend to write on The Art of Enterprise Architecture. I know I’ve written this ahead of actually finishing sections six to thirteen, however this will be the full circle.