In an increasingly more mobile society, work is not completed only in the office – it is often done on-the-go using a mobile device. Unsurprising to most, a study conducted by Morgan Stanley indicated that 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach twenty-four-seven.
To take this even further, in a recent report Gartner predicted that “by 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide. According to Gartner’s PC installed base forecast, the total number of PCs in use will reach 1.78 billion units in 2013. By 2013, the combined installed base of smart phones and browser-equipped enhanced phones will exceed 1.82 billion units and will be greater than the installed base for PCs thereafter.”
So where does that take business improvement applications?
It’s clear that accessibility to information is critical. People have become accustomed to getting the information that they need as they need it. Business users are increasingly demanding the same access to the work that they participate in. Whether they spend most of their time in the field, in the office, or find themselves working both in and out of the office, they need to be able to continue the flow of work through the enterprise. However, many critical business applications today have been designed to require process participants being chained to their desks. With mobile usage so prevalent, it is only natural to extend the availability of the business applications you have grown to depend on daily to your smart phone. More importantly, with integrated support for mobile access, businesses can now rethink the very ways that they interact with customers, partners and employees.
OpenText Metastorm is pleased to announce the release of OpenText BPM Mobile for Metastorm BPM – allowing you to engage customers, partners and employees in completely new ways! The product release extends the Metastorm BPM solution by empowering you to fully participate or initiate business processes from the Metastorm BPM suite via smart phones or iPad.
OpenText BPM Mobile for Metastorm BPM gives you:
- The ability to deliver process improvements beyond the back-office and into more strategic client-facing and field scenarios.
- An improved customer experience made possible by consistent processes regardless of the way a customer wants to communicate with you.
- The option to define rules outlining how to perform a process via mobile device versus a personal computer to improve the mobile user’s experience.
- Instant mobile access for user’s on-the-move, helping to continue the flow of work regardless of location – eliminating unwanted bottlenecks.
- Out-of-the-box, multi-platform support for Android, Blackberry, iPad and iPhone users with no additional development effort for each platform.
The OpenText BPM Mobile capability is available to all OpenText customers on active maintenance for Metastorm BPM. More information about this release, including the solution sheet is available on our OpenText BPM Mobile for Metastorm BPM solution page. If you have questions feel free to contact us directly or leave a comment below.
________________ Gartner’s Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users, 2010 and Beyond: A New Balance, by Brian Gammage, Daryl C. Plummer, Ed Thompson, Leslie Fiering, Hung LeHong, Frances Karamozis, Claudio Da Rold, Kimberly Collins, William Clark, Nick Jones, Charles Smulders, Mike Escherich, Martin Reynolds, Monica Basso, December 2009
- Connecting Strategy with Execution Like clockwork, every January we look back on the past…
- Extending Our Leadership We’ve got some great news! Last week, IDC MarketScape announced…
- It’s the People, Stupid! I have been working with clients on complex projects for…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.