Finally catching up, though my cold is still such that I’m at risk of dripping into the keyboard – oh joys… Still, I do promise to return to other (more useful?) posts shortly – there’s quite a backlog built up whilst I’ve been sort-of out of action. In the meantime, yes, another week’s-worth of Tweets and links.
Enterprise-architecture, business-architecture, business strategy, business-innovation, business models and the like:
- taotwit: RT @ebizq: Adrian Grigoriou: The Enterprise Architecture role to coordinate Enterprise developments http://bit.ly/ffN8bU #entarch
- CreatvEmergence: 27 Elements of the New Work Paradigm – new blog post – http://bit.ly/hdylph <recommend #orgarch #entarch
- kvistgaard: RT @samarin: Blogpost: Illustrations for #BPM, #ACM, Case management, adaptive processes http://tinyurl.com/2ecol2g <beginnings of a new standard for documenting ‘barely repeatable processes’
- vernaallee: RT @EBNonline: A Successful Supply Chain Starts With Value Mapping http://ht.ly/3llxM <a good start…? – but still too hung up on the notion of money as ‘value’? #entarch
- SAlhir: RT @rachelbotsman: Full article I wrote: The Reputation Economy [PDF] http://bit.ly/g6mMRN #CollCons
- vernaallee: RT @timkastelle: Post by @ovoinnovation The failure of managing radical ideas within existing processes http://bit.ly/eyXT9I <v.useful case-study #entarch #change
- kdierc: Why do companies still assume that complex computing operations are an intrinsic part of doing business? #entarch #daretoask
- toddbiske: New blog post: Implementing Effective Governance http://www.biske.com/blog/?p=808 #entarch
- CreatvEmergence: 7 Truths about Change – http://blogs.hbr.org/kanter/2010/08/seven-truths-about-change-to-l.html – by @RosabethKanter
- CreatvEmergence: HBR: Strategy as Improvisational Theater – http://blogs.hbr.org/kanter/2010/10/adopt-a-cow-strategy-as-improv.html <more excellent insights from Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- ironick: RT @seedmag: Resilience Theory Can Turn Crises Into Catalysts For Innovation http://bit.ly/eMQR6x #panarchy #designthinking #hybridthinking <theoretical base for resilience in #entarch etc
- CreatvEmergence: If we start w/cultivating what’s most alive before solving what’s wrong, often what’s wrong becomes irrelevant <agree, esp. for #entarch
- kvistgaard: “decision-making situations r characterized by 3 kinds of uncertainty: definitional, causal, and empirical” ~ ex http://bit.ly/fW00US [PDF] #entarch
- CreatvEmergence: HBR: A Game Plan for Game Changers – by @practicallyrad – http://s.hbr.org/ecQ9Gk via @jackmartinleith #bizarch
- thoughttrans: Can your company values be seen in your #entarch #bizarch ? <because if they can’t, they’re probably not the values in use…
- DavidGurteen: Cloud computing dangerous because it places your data in hands of companies that neither care about you or your data http://tcrn.ch/gCyl5x #entarch #bizarch #itarch
- business_design: alternative BM frameworks RT @Sundelin: De Mey (@nickdemey) and De Ridder’s (@philderidder) Business Model Framework http://bit.ly/i24siT #bmgen
- vernaallee: RT @maryadamsICA: How Lego realized that its most important IC was not in its IP but its network http://bit.ly/eITcJm #bmgen
- rettema: Altshuller established eight Patterns, or Lines, of technical systems evolution. I think they can be applied on enterprise #entarch // Altshuller 1. Dynamization suggests technical system during its evolution makes a transition from a rigid to a flexible struct. #entarch // Altshuller 2. Multiplication states that a technical system evolves first as a single system and then later multiplies itself. #entarch // Altshuller 3. Transition to Micro level elements of a technical system during its lifetime have a tendency to decrease in size #entarch
- business_design: Innovative usages/visualizations of the #bmgen Canvas by Prof Cabirio Cautela’s class http://post.ly/1LDKK <brilliant! – yes!
- richardveryard: @tetradian @taotwit @ironick @seedmag Do we sometimes need to create crisis in order to catalyse innovation? #resilience #panarchy #POSIWID <short answer: yes.
- CreatvEmergence: RT @zenext: Communities will transform when people start to embrace the possibility of actionable serendipity. <e.g. the ‘Chaotic domain’ in #entarch
- EnterprisingA: Enterprise Architects Challenge: Rearrange the bricks to make a better building while stopping it from falling down and keeping the rain out
- taotwit: I like this definition of EA: http://bit.ly/fIi3yN – but then I would #bcdesign <’Business Transformation Enablement’: yes! – not surprised it’s from Canada, and way back in 2005
- vernaallee: RT @timkastelle: By @sundelin Forget your Customers and Develop Innovative Business Models! http://bit.ly/eCpXTw #innovation <great examples of #bmgen and #entarch reaching beyond the core market and nominal industry
- jdevoo: Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan: 5 Things To Know http://j.mp/g1wP5c @globaltrendscom #csr #entarch #bizarch
- Cybersal: A postie comments on the Taylorisation of his job in today’s Guardian http://bit.ly/fiXrif <how *not* to do #entarch… (speaking as one who has first-hand experience of this from the consultancy side)
- SAlhir: RT @AmerInstInnovEx How to Turn Ideas into Business Results http://bit.ly/hBYnb7 #innovation #pmot
Narrative-knowledge, knowledge-management, innovation, creativity, leadership and in-person collaboration:
- ironick: Don’t need mor social platfrms, we need mor human companies. via @rotkapchen http://bit.ly/fY0pRi #designthinking http://bit.ly/ezEq5W #e20 #entarch #orgarch #collab
- vernaallee: RT @maryadamsICA: This is why IC looks at 3 dimensions of org-people, knowledge, networks: OECD report on learning organizations http://bit.ly/dHIxzp
- CreatvEmergence: RT @h1brian: When we seek seriousness without playfulness, or vice versa, we limit ourselves; the true depth of each comes only as one within the other.
- DavidGurteen: Edge of chaos? « The ecology of knowledge http://bit.ly/h5ATMo #km <recommend: implications for #entarch etc
- oscarberg: RT @rotkapchen: “First, if people don’t know who their colleagues are, how can they be expected to understand what they can contribute to a team?” @KRCraft
- vernaallee: Aren’t Business Processes Always Social Processes? http://bit.ly/egV4jI – missed this one awhile back but still good.
- CreatvEmergence: The End to the ‘Blame Culture’: http://ow.ly/3pHm3 <- another reason to apply improv to biz – via @bizprov
Social-media, ‘enterprise 2.0’, user-experience and online-collaboration:
- SAlhir: RT @chrisbrogan How does storytelling improve business? – http://ow.ly/3obcP <brief practical how-to
- oscarberg: “@jonhusband: “On Designing and Managing Knowledge Work – The Obstacles for a Networked Era” … http://bit.ly/9hFsRO” << long but great post
- oscarberg: RT @futurescape: RT @AmirKassaei: Is “Undesigned” the Next Great Web Trend? http://bit.ly/9XkDQb < Focus shifts from creation to consumption <actually emphasises the need for better, more-subtle, more-constrained design, not ‘no-design’ #ux
- oscarberg: RT @nzbusiness: Culture is a top down thing, Web2.0 adoption can only begin if permission and trust are integrated into the company culture #McKWeb2
IT-architecture, IT-sdevelopment, IT-systems and other IT-related matters:
- bartleeten: Get On Board: A Copernican Shift In The Focus Of Your IT Delivery http://j.mp/eSzvgS <paralleled by relationship of #itarch to #entarch
- oscarberg: John Gotze: Sourcing It http://j.mp/fEdtrF << new collaborative book project about sourcing and #entarch
- ArchiTool: Archi 1.5 final is now available at http://bit.ly/9qPLUL #archimate #jiscfsd #eainhe <recommend #entarch #itarch
- ArchiTool: Archi 1.5.1 (fixes two bugs) is now available at http://bit.ly/9qPLUL #archimate #jiscfsd #eainhe #entarch <free EA toolset
- theopengroup: Garry Doherty: In nature nothing is ever more complex than necessary: A lesson for #entarch, in regard to #TOGAF http://ow.ly/3ohsn
- rtolido: remarkable fact from our upcoming Application Landscape Report: most CIO’s don’t have a policy for retiring obsolete applications <yikes…?! #entarch #itarch
- craighepburn: RT @scobleizer Treesaver shows HTML5 can hold its own against Flipboard-style design http://scoble.it/h77h0T #ux #itdev
- itworks: Good friend just published his book “Fifty Enterprise Architect Tricks” @sparxsystems #uml #modeling #EA #entarch #tech http://bit.ly/hbz1gt <for the toolset Sparx Enterprise Architect, rather than tips for enterprise-architects
- caro_buck: Tom Debevoise shared his thoughts on business rules, event-driven applications and the internet of things: http://bit.ly/gtMUuf on our blog. #procarch #itarch
Society, culture, economics, corporate social responsibility and related ‘big-picture’ themes:
- oscarberg: Are you Systems Intelligent? http://j.mp/f7fjtO by @raesmaa << inspiring read! (good future for my 3 daughters ) <good points, though a sense of “oh no not again…” on the unconscious conflation of so-called ‘feminine’-mode thinking with ‘female’ as person, which so often leads to a particularly obnoxious ‘politically-correct’ form of sexism…
- CreatvEmergence: Differentiating Role and Soul – HolacracyOne: http://bit.ly/glEIzF – via @h1brian
- KMskunkworks: #KM Do not read what is in the public domain unless you are cleared to do so! http://bit.ly/ezSub3 A directive from the Obama administration <interestingly absurd example of ‘closing the door after the horse has bolted’: how are we supposed to know what is classified if we can’t read it to find out whether it’s classified?
- Eclectopedic: On dancing to your own tune: Another great piece from @MaxineUdall http://bit.ly/e25c7j <strong recommend #economics
- CreatvEmergence: RT @TheTransitioner: RT @DavidHolzmer: Human Sized Social Change | emergence is not about critical mass, it is about critical connections http://ow.ly/3l0tz
- business_design: Africa? RT @jhagel: The world is shaped by friendship and flow – beautiful visual representation in this global map http://econ.st/e3stub <Using Facebook ‘friend’ links to model the world: “After a few minutes of rendering, the new plot appeared, and I was a bit taken aback by what I saw. The blob had turned into a surprisingly detailed map of the world. Not only were continents visible, certain international borders were apparent as well. What really struck me, though, was knowing that the lines didn’t represent coasts or rivers or political borders, but real human relationships. Each line might represent a friendship made while travelling, a family member abroad, or an old college friend pulled away by the various forces of life.” – fascinating…
- SAlhir: RT @caliandjody: Why do you work? http://ow.ly/3rkVg #ROWE <more reasons why #monetarist #economics is indeed ‘dismal science’?
And, of course, the merit-worthy miscellany:
- josvanoosten: RT @GoogleAtWork: Email delegation now available for all Google Apps customers. http://goo.gl/N9pFR
- CreatvEmergence: LOVE this! The Scribbler….play here: http://bit.ly/f24yqC <really nice interactive online drawing-app – fun!
- DavidGurteen: Google Body Browser http://bit.ly/gTH7Zd /awesome <also v.useful for travellers who don’t have the right words in the respective language
- aojensen: RT @trib: Yeah, so Google Docs *shouldn’t* be able to do this, but it can – http://youtu.be/bt9F7tKcZcU. Tell me why we still use MS Office? <cool… animation without animation, just Google-Docs…